St Mark is committed to:
- Worship that is robust, reverent, and joyful through the preaching of the Word, right celebration of the sacraments and a high view of congregational singing of Psalms and the historical hymns
- The verbal, plenary inspiration, inerrancy and infallibility of the Holy Scriptures
- The “solas” of the Reformation: Sola Scriptura, Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solo Christo, and Soli Deo Gloria
- The Westminster Standards and church creeds
- Commitment to true biblical shepherding through the balance of exhortation and right exercise of church discipline
We encourage families to worship together on the Lord’s Day. As members of the covenant people, small children and newborns are most welcome in our services.
The Lord’s Supper is observed every Lord’s Day as the climax of covenant renewal worship. Our congregation practices covenant communion, inviting all those who are baptized disciples of Jesus Christ, under the authority of Christ and his body, the Church, without distinction due to age or mental ability, to His Table. By eating the bread and wine with us as a visitor, you are acknowledging to the elders of this local church that you are in covenant with God as an active member of a congregation in which the Gospel is faithfully confessed, taught, and believed. You also acknowledge that you are a sinner, without hope except in the sovereign mercy of God, and that you are trusting in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. If you have any doubt about your participation, please speak to one of the Elders or the Pastor before or after the service.
Perhaps one of the best ways to learn about us is to see our bulletin. Reverent and vibrant worship are an important part of who we are and seeing the order of our service will hopefully be helpful.
If you are interested learning more about this work email our Pastor email here or call (615) 438-3109.